Here at Antiques World we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website; the following policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
This site uses Google Analytics to capture visitor information. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- information relating to any transactions carried out on our website via our shopping cart
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, including names and addresses and telephone numbers.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website and email notifications including our newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the pages on our website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit on future occasions.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date, usually set by your computer or browser.
Our payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’ , ‘Internet Options’ , ‘Privacy’ , and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one and slow your browsing speeds.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- To manage our website, including the improvement of your browsing experience by personalising it.
- To enable your use of the services available on the website including the shopping cart;
- To send to you goods purchased via our website;
- To send invoices and collect payments from you;
- To send you general commercial communications, send you email notifications which you have requested and send marketing emails if you opt into our mailing list. This would include dealing with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by UK law including, connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
(5) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Note, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential if you use any part of this site that requires having them. We will not ask you for your password.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Your rights
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. Usually you will opt into our marketing verbally or via our website, or email but if you decide to opt out you can do so by contacting us direct or we will also provide you with an opportunity to opt-out on all marketing emails.
(8) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. Click on links at your own risk, although we promise never to intentionally compromise your system or details.
(9) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated and we will do so as quickly as possible.